Monday, March 1, 2010

SMD Reflow soldering and other updates

Been working on a little project the last few days that I hope will be done this week so I can post some pics.  I modified an Infrawave oven to a computer controlled reflow controller so I can start doing SMT parts using solder paste in the oven.  With any luck this won't be a total disaster :)  Hope to post some pics in a couple days when it's done, and maybe even do my first reflow! 

Also got some other good news, got my 2nd motherboard 4.3 kit from Art today, as well as confirmation of my shipping SoftRock 6.3NG board from George.  Will be having some fun soon with these!

2 comments:

  1. Would you mind sharing how you hacked the bottom relay ? I'm building mine as well and I'm not 100% sure about what I did for the bottom relay as the lights don't turn on. Thanks,
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll see if I can maybe rip it apart tomorrow to take a pic. It was actually pretty easy... I took out the relays with some solder wick, and then ran a wire across to jumper each side out. Was much neater than leaving them in place.
    -Mike

    ReplyDelete